31 July, 2010

More velocity

This time around when I put the ciao back together I used a head gasket to lower the compression. This made the 95 jet I had in there make the bike run really rich. I couldn't even go full throttle without bogging. Hoffman told me had a velocity stack for a phbg so I food stroked it iver to his house. The stack he had just happen to be the biggest I could put on without cutting the sprocket off of the pedal shaft. I started it up and it ran great still a tad rich but the rings are new. I did the math and figured out that I get 37 mpg. I also scored a niterider bike light it's super bright and can charge off a USB port. This means I can tune the ciao on the streets for a bit. Riding it on the road for the first time since putting my new "seat" has been a ton of spleen killing fun. I still need to tune the variator a bit more. I also need to cut a bit more of the frame so I can use that euro clutch on it. The engine sits farther back with that pulley on it and the reed block doesn't clear the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment