17 February, 2012

Monster trucks beer and other adventures.

So last week there was a monster truck rally and Uphill Battle went. This WICKED SWEET ford was out front. RANCHER edition hahhahahha.





It then came as a sunrise to all of us when Doss drove his van onto the arena floor.

I wish I had a better picture one of the trucks caught on fire which was quite amazing.
It left a nice smoky screen for the rest of the show.






 Ok now to the moped part...

Jimbrah came up from Corvalis and some asshole tagged his headlight.

 Officer Hoffman came over on VD Day and brought his welder. We cut up a shit Biturbo and my Simo Calibrata. It was actually a really easy pipe to make work on the a35.

The headers where pretty much perfect sized once I cut a bit off each and drank a fair amount of beers.
Eric was here trying to fix his bike again. It keeps losing spark. He rewired it we hooked up a new condensor and hi tension coil and set the points, Still nothing.
 Hes bringing over another internal coil today so we can see if that make this thing run again. This bike has been nothing but trouble for him and its mostly been electrical.

Later that night I fired up the Tomos and rode it to The Laws house. I really like the motion pro throttle its buttery smooth and opens that carb so damn quickly.  I forgot to bring my kickstand so we had to keep the bike upright by using some straps. 

 Two six packs and some grinding and welding and we were getting somewhere.


 Steve had a bit of metal around so he cut a square out that was about the same size as the seat post was and got it welded on so that the seat pan could be welded to it.


 Shortly my bike had a seat on it. I am super super happy with how it turned out. the damn thing is so low and its comfortable as hell. I need to jet it and replace some studs. It developed an air leak on the ride home because a cylinder stud was a little stripped. Oooooooh and I forgot the pedals actually work on this one! its pretty amazing but the right pedal arm got nice and bent in Steves vice and it now clears the giant simonini pipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment