02 February, 2012

The battle station 2.0 and how to become a baller.

So with the race season rapidly approaching Ive got a lot of work to do. I recently aquired this 2003 Tomos a35 with two alukits and a homoet pipe. It had some serious issues. The exhaust had only one stud. so a massive exhaust leak is an understatement. It also only had one ring on the piston that was on it. I got it home rode it for a few blocks and decided it needed a ton of work. Before I could do anything I needed to clean my garage.

My garage looked like this, mainly thanks to my pack rat room mate.

I wish I had a picture of this bench before it looked as bad as the rest of the garage.


  Very shortly it looked like this and we are ready to wrench.





Officer Hoffman came over today to check out the Battle Station 2.0  and he decided to bring some platinum. The second it was cracked open all lights in the house turned into black lights and all our collars popped up. My teeth also had bling in them after the first sip. I think its all the platinum in the beer that does it. Either was it was too clubbin style for me. I can safely say I wont need to do that again even though it is 6.0 abv and only 137 calories.
The tomos good parts are all going to go on to my old black Joemos frame thats been sitting forever. I did a lot of cutting thanks to Ted from the Cutters bringing his angle grinder over and now my black frame is much smaller.  I need to weld the seat straight to the frame and do some reinforcing but its going to be pretty sweet.  Right now the setup is going to be  A35 motor with my A55 cdi with the ducati unrestricted box A tomos alukit. (im gonna ditch the intake bridge and do some port work on it soon) Bennesar pipe, and a 24 Mikuni round slide carb. I bought a weak ends tomos intake and truthfully im not that happy with it i think Ill have jesse make me one. its just bent poorly the tube they used has been sandwiched pretty much. It looks like it wasnt filled with sand before it was bent.


SI YOU SOON got some new mags today I need to do a lot of work to make em work though. The front brakes are like 105mm which is rad but its just got such a goofy brake stop. I might have to end up going disc on the front. That brings another fucked up part on it. The forks are totally fucked. I need new for tubes pretty much. What sucks is that SI YOU SOON has such odd sized forks. Its a very late model Si with the larger forks. Looks like I will be emailing Angelo to see if he can find em for me. It really sucks that none of the sets of hydraulic forks i have will bolt up to it. Thats the joy of working on a Vespa though I guess.  I really want to make this bike compete in the variated class this year. I am real confident that the Joemos is going to rock the 1/2 speed class. I am  really hoping I can get a Ktm ignition set up for it that and having a 24 mm intake made for my new 24mm flatslide should help a lot. I want to go with the D.E.P.S. cylinder but my pinasco is still barely broken in and I need so much else before I go dropping $300 on another vespa kit.  Lots more to come soon stay tuned for another adventure next week

No comments:

Post a Comment